Human Resource Management
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
The Human Resources Management Department is one of the Departments in the Ministry which has the mandate of harnessing available human and material resources for effective operations of the Ministry. It is divided into two Divisions, namely:
- Appointment, Promotion and Discipline (APD) and
- Staff Welfare and Training (SWT).
Each of the Divisions is headed by a Deputy Director with the sections units headed by sectional and unit heads.
It is worthy to note that the Ministry under the Human Resources Management Department has within the three years of President Muhammadu Buhari Administration effectively performed its statutory responsibilities and has thus recorded the following strategic achievements:
- Issuance of over two thousand promotion letters to successful non-pool and pool staff of the ministry on salary grade levels GL 03-13
- Effective and efficient service delivery as a result of the output of the convening of weekly meetings of top management staff of the ministry
- Proper record keeping of staff of the ministry in appropriate registries
- Effective manpower budgeting
- In line with the President Muhammadu Buhari administration’s policy on capacity building of the workforce for efficient service delivery to Nigerians, the Ministry through the Department embarked on training and retraining of staff of the Ministry in order to boost productivity and service delivery. A great number of staff have benefited from various training Programmes ranging from in-house induction courses for junior and middle-level staff to seminars and financial courses within the period under review.
- Staff welfare issues as death benefits NHIS, Pension and Gratuity, Retirement Benefits, Group life assurance was also attended too.
- The staff of the Ministry participated in national sports activities such as FEPSGA and MIGA in 2016 and won several medals.
- The Ministry also through the Department successfully held statutory junior staff committee (JSC) and senior staff committee (SSC) meetings to deliberate and resolve issues concerning appointments, promotion and disciplinary matters of the staff in the Ministry.
Press ReleaseView All
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES MONDAY OCTOBER 3, 2022, PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK NIGERIA’S 62ND INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY Read More
FG DECLARES, JULY 11th and 12th, 2022 AS PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK THIS YEAR'S EID-EL KABIR CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY 13TH JUNE, 2022, TO MARK THIS YEAR'S DEMOCRACY DAY CELEBRATION Read More
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES 2ND AND 3RD MAY, 2022 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS TO MARK WORKERS DAY AND EIDUL-FITR CELEBRATIONS Read More
FG DECLARES FRIDAY 15TH AND MONDAY 18TH APRIL, 2022 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS TO MARK EASTER CELEBRATION Read More