Planning Research and Statistics
The Directorate of Planning, Research and Statistics, headed by a substantive Director is the repository base of the organization.It coordinates the activities of other Departments by formulating and implementing policies and programs aimed at achieving the organization’s mandate for the overall development of Standardization and quality assurance in Nigeria in a systematic, integrated and coordinated manner.
The directorate’s quality objectives are:
- Present quarterly reports of all directorates and units operations
- Annual work plan development
- Develop short, middle and long term development plans
The Directorate operates through:
- Planning Division
- Budget, Monitoring and Evaluation Division
- Information technology Division
- Research and Statistics Division
PLANNING POLICY DIVISION
The division of planning is essentially responsible for the articulation, analysis, projection and implementation of development plans of the Organization in terms of annual, medium and long term plans for the Standardization and quality assurance in Nigeria. It also performs the following functions:
- Preparation of the Organization’s progress annual report.
- Analysis of Federal Government policies as they affect Standardization and quality assurance.
- Coordination of the strategic development plans.
- Sponsor such National and International Conferences as it may consider appropriate.
- Liaise with relevant establishments within and outside Nigeria in pursuance of the functions of the Organization.
- Develop work plan for the Organization.
BUDGETING, MONITORING AND EVALUATION DIVISION
The major function of the division is preparation of annual budgets of the Ministry and periodic assessment of the performance of the projects and programs of the Ministry of Interior. The division has the responsibility to develop Monitoring Template Questionnaires. Other Activities of the Division are:
- Regularly monitor, evaluate and coordinate the implementation of the Ministry’s projects
- Collaborates with other Organs of Government and stakeholders to carry out its monitoring activities.
- Provides avenue for the Director to meet with the Head of Units
- Preparation of annual budget.
RESEARCH AND STATISTICS DIVISION
This division is in charge of records of the Organization. It is made up of Statistics, Research and documentation. The division performs the following roles:
- To produce, process, store and disseminate timely information and reliable Ministry of Interior Operational data.
- To establish a well harmonized and rationalized organizational framework for Ministry of Interior Data generation and information
- To provides a framework for socio-economic research, relating to monitoring Standardization of the Ministry.
- Undertake and coordinate research programs on the acquisition, deployment and rational use of standardization, quality assurance, conformity assessment and metrology activities.
- Compile and publish relevant data resulting from performance of functions of the Ministry
Information Communication Technology (ICT) Services Unit was established in Planning Research and Statistics Department of the Ministry to specifically drive the delivery of innovative technology solutions and support services towards ensuring that all departments within Ministry are able to access ICT resources to optimize their respective functions:
- Provide a sustainable enterprise-wide information system in the Ministry that will enhance fast, easy and cheap access to information within and outside the Organization.
- Provide maintenance services on all Hardware, Software, Local Area Network (LAN) and other ICT related infrastructure of the Ministry.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and accountability of the Ministry’s information.
- Maintain an update the Ministry’s website and provide unhindered connectivity to the global information community.
- Support other service-wide projects that share or collaborate information process with the Ministry.
- Offer technical support to Departments, Units, Sections and individual user.
- Advice the management at all levels on the need for constant update of ICT infrastructure.
- Supervise the implementation of ICT capital projects for the Ministry
- Represent the Ministry on all ICT related Fora.
Press ReleaseView All
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES DECEMBER 25, 28, 2020; JANUARY 1, 2021 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Read More
FG DECLARES THURSDAY OCTOBER 29, 2020 PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK EIDUL-MAWLID CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2020, PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK NIGERIA’S 60TH INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY Read More
Federal Government Declares 30 & 31 July, 2020 as Public Holiday to mark Eid-El-Kabir Celebration Read More
FG Declares Friday, June 12, 2020 Public Holiday To Mark Democracy Day Celebration Read More