The Internal Audit Unit is to assist the management in achieving the overall mandate of the ministry, by ensuring that all financial transactions is carried out in accordance with Government laid down rules and regulation.
Vision & Objectives
To create an efficient and effective internal control system with a view to rendering satisfactory service, that is fraud free and all preparation and payment procedures are government rules and regulation‘s compliances.
Activities of the unit includes:
- Management Auditing
- Value for Money Auditing
- Financial Auditing Reports are provided at the end of each month
- Pre-payment Auditing of Overhead vouchers within 24 hours of receipt of such vouchers
- Pre-payment Auditing of Salary vouchers within seven days of receipt of the vouchers from Accounts Division
- Pre-payment Auditing of Contact vouchers within 48 hours of receipts of such vouchers.
- Investigation of reported cases of fraud, embezzlement and loss of Government funds within 14 days of such report.
- Auditing of store, Purchases issues.
- Auditing of Ministry Parastatals account records.
- Complete and continuous Auditing of Accounts recording of revenue generation and payment to the ministry.
- The safeguards introduced for the prevention/prompt detection of fraud and loss of cash.
- Prompt assessment and monitoring of the implementation of policies.
- Assist the management in achieving the overall mandate of the ministry within the time frame.
- Rendering financial satisfactory service to our client.
- Prompt Pre-payment of auditing of payment vouchers within 48 hours.
- Correction of errors in Accounts books of the ministry.
- Prevention of fraud and any loss of Government funds.
- Advice the management of proper expenditure of Government funds.
Press ReleaseView All
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES, WEDNESDAY 27th SEPTEMBER 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAY Read More
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES JUNE 28TH and 29TH 2023 AS EID-EL-KABIR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY JUNE 12, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAY Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY MAY 29TH, 2023 WORK FREE DAY FOR PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION Read More
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES MONDAY MAY 1ST, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK WORKER'S DAY CELEBRATION Read More