Anti-corruption and Transparency Unit is an Establishment of Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation Circular Ref. No. OHCSF/MSO/192/94 of 2nd October, 2001 and became operational in the Ministry in 2002.
An autonomous out fit with function linkages with both the Ministers and the Administrative Heads responsible for their respective establishments performs the following functions:
- Carry out preliminary investigation on reported or actual committal of corruption practices or tendencies, thereafter for further investigation and persecution if found guilty. Act as whistle blower and watchdog to ICPC;
- Organize sensitization seminar and campaign on the ills of corruption;
- Carry out system studies on government policies as it attracts MDA, Monitoring projects, budgets tracking etc.;
- Later and vertical positioning, schedule of duties and retention appraisal of staff in each Department, Section, Units and Branches in the Ministry’s set-up.
System studies (staff utilization, work ethics compliance with extant Rules and Regulation, wastages on materials, equipment and man hour.
- Monthly meetings (To review the activities of the previous month).
- Capacity Building for ACTU Members workshop/Seminar organized by ICPC;
- Acquisition of suggestion boxes (for complaints and suggestions).
- Sensitization programme on awareness to prevention on corruption GL. 04 – 14.
- Sensitization campaign for staff of the Ministry in the six Geo-Political zones of the Country.
- Publication of ACTU mandate with pamphlet streamlining the activities of the Unit.
- Mobilization of staff on the fight against corruption.
- Monthly Meetings: the Unit meets once every month to review the activities of the previous month with the Ministry Desk Officer (ICPC) in attendance.
- The Unit was involved in the inauguration of National anti-Corruption volunteer corps (NAVC) Abuja Chapter.
- Verification of ACTU Performance: Pursuant to section 27(3) of the ICPC Act No. 5 of 2000 and Paragraph 18.1 (b) of the Standing Order for the operation of ACTUs. The officials of the Independent Corruption Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) visited the Ministry and carried out on the Spot assessment of the performance on the activities of ACTU in the Ministry.
- The Unit acquired and distributed the ICPC newsletter, a Publication to Educate/Sensitize staff on ills of corruption and Anti-transparent activities and the need to chart a new course.
- Co-operation of staff in reporting corruption;
- Provision of Vote to finance the activities of the Unit;
- Capacity Building for the staff of the Unit;
- Exclusion from monitoring of projects in the Ministry.
- Suggestion boxes should be acquired and to be placed in strategic areas of the Ministry.
- Provision of vote in the budget to finance the activities of the Unit.
- Capacity Building for the staff of the Unit.
Press ReleaseView All
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES DECEMBER, 26TH, 27TH, 2022 AND JANUARY 2ND, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2022 PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK EIDUL-MAWLID CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY OCTOBER 3, 2022, PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK NIGERIA’S 62ND INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY Read More
FG DECLARES, JULY 11th and 12th, 2022 AS PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK THIS YEAR'S EID-EL KABIR CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY 13TH JUNE, 2022, TO MARK THIS YEAR'S DEMOCRACY DAY CELEBRATION Read More