Dambazau Condemns Divisive Rhetoric by some Nigerians
To provide internal security in accordance with international best practice.
To render to Nigerians and foreigners alike, diverse internal security and other ancillary services that are highly qualitative, efficient, courteous and transparent.
The Ministry of Interior has undergone several structural changes both in functions and nomenclature and today the Ministry of Interior is responsible for:
- Granting of Nigerian Citizenship
- Consular and Immigration Services
- Granting Business Permits and Expatriate quotas
- Co-ordination of National/Independence Day Celebration
- Reformation and re-integration inmates
- Security of lives and properties
- Management of National emergencies
- Recruitment of officers and men of the Prisons Service, Immigration Service, Fire Service and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and
- Managing the retirement benefits of retirees of Paramilitary Services under its supervision.
Press ReleaseView All
FG UNVEILS BEST FIRE ACADEMY IN AFRICA
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES MONDAY MAY 29TH, 2023 WORK FREE DAY FOR PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION Read More
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES MONDAY MAY 1ST, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK WORKER'S DAY CELEBRATION Read More
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES 21 AND 24 APRIL, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK EID AL-FITR CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES 7TH AND 10TH APRIL, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR EASTER CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES DECEMBER, 26TH, 27TH, 2022 AND JANUARY 2ND, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Read More