To provide internal security in accordance with international best practice.
To render to Nigerians and foreigners alike, diverse internal security and other ancillary services that are highly qualitative, efficient, courteous and transparent.
The Ministry of Interior has undergone several structural changes both in functions and nomenclature and today the Ministry of Interior is responsible for:
- Granting of Nigerian Citizenship
- Consular and Immigration Services
- Granting Business Permits and Expatriate quotas
- Co-ordination of National/Independence Day Celebration
- Reformation and re-integration inmates
- Security of lives and properties
- Management of National emergencies
- Recruitment of officers and men of the Prisons Service, Immigration Service, Fire Service and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and
- Managing the retirement benefits of retirees of Paramilitary Services under its supervision.
Press ReleaseView All
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES, MONDAY, OCTOBER 2ND, 2023, PUBLIC HOLIDAY Read More
FG DECLARES, WEDNESDAY 27th SEPTEMBER 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAY Read More
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES JUNE 28TH and 29TH 2023 AS EID-EL-KABIR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY JUNE 12, 2023 PUBLIC HOLIDAY Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY MAY 29TH, 2023 WORK FREE DAY FOR PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION Read More