Dambazau Condemns Divisive Rhetoric by some Nigerians
To provide internal security in accordance with international best practice.
To render to Nigerians and foreigners alike, diverse internal security and other ancillary services that are highly qualitative, efficient, courteous and transparent.
The Ministry of Interior has undergone several structural changes both in functions and nomenclature and today the Ministry of Interior is responsible for:
- Granting of Nigerian Citizenship
- Consular and Immigration Services
- Granting Business Permits and Expatriate quotas
- Co-ordination of National/Independence Day Celebration
- Reformation and re-integration inmates
- Security of lives and properties
- Management of National emergencies
- Recruitment of officers and men of the Prisons Service, Immigration Service, Fire Service and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and
- Managing the retirement benefits of retirees of Paramilitary Services under its supervision.
Press ReleaseView All
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES MONDAY 13TH JUNE, 2022, TO MARK THIS YEAR'S DEMOCRACY DAY CELEBRATION Read More
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES 2ND AND 3RD MAY, 2022 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS TO MARK WORKERS DAY AND EIDUL-FITR CELEBRATIONS Read More
FG DECLARES FRIDAY 15TH AND MONDAY 18TH APRIL, 2022 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS TO MARK EASTER CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY, 27TH AND TUESDAY 28TH DECEMBER, 2021 AND MONDAY, JANUARY 3RD, 2022 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Read More
FG DECLARES TUESDAY OCTOBER 19TH, 2021 PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK EIDUL-MAWLID CELEBRATION Read More