Dambazau Condemns Divisive Rhetoric by some Nigerians
To provide internal security in accordance with international best practice.
To render to Nigerians and foreigners alike, diverse internal security and other ancillary services that are highly qualitative, efficient, courteous and transparent.
The Ministry of Interior has undergone several structural changes both in functions and nomenclature and today the Ministry of Interior is responsible for:
- Granting of Nigerian Citizenship
- Consular and Immigration Services
- Granting Business Permits and Expatriate quotas
- Co-ordination of National/Independence Day Celebration
- Reformation and re-integration inmates
- Security of lives and properties
- Management of National emergencies
- Recruitment of officers and men of the Prisons Service, Immigration Service, Fire Service and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and
- Managing the retirement benefits of retirees of Paramilitary Services under its supervision.
Press ReleaseView All
Public HolidaysView All
FG DECLARES TUESDAY OCTOBER 19TH, 2021 PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK EIDUL-MAWLID CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES FRIDAY , OCTOBER 1, 2021, PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO MARK NIGERIA’S 61ST INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY Read More
EID-EL-KABIR: FG DECLARES, TUESDAY JULY 20, AND WEDNESDAY JULY 21, 2021 AS PUBLIC HOLIDAYS Read More
FG DECLARES MONDAY 14TH JUNE, 2021 TO MARK THIS YEAR'S DEMOCRACY DAY CELEBRATION Read More
FG DECLARES WEDNESDAY 12TH, THURSDAY 13TH MAY, 2021 AS PUBLIC HOLIDAYS TO MARK EIDUL-FITR CELEBRATION Read More